8 Popular Cigar Brands To Try
Choosing a cigar can be difficult, especially if you’re not an experienced smoker. If you’re not sure which cigars to try or what stogies would make the best gift for the aficionado in your life, we can help. We’ve compiled a list of the eight most popular cigar brands on the market, so choose any of the options below and rest assured that you’ve made the right selection!
1. Macanudo – Made in the heart of the Dominican Republic, Macanudo cigars are produced by the General Cigar Company. They use a Connecticut shade wrapper and boast a mild, mellow flavor that’s distinctive and smooth. Some of the most common types of Macanudo cigars include the Macanudo Robust, the Macanudo Vintage, and the Macanudo Gold Label.
2. Arturo Fuente – Arturo Fuente is one of the most popular cigar brands in the world. Founded more than a century ago by Arturo Fuente himself, the brand offers premium, hand-rolled cigars out of the Dominican Republic. They have a mild- to medium-bodied flavor with a hint of spice and nut hidden at their core. By recent numbers (2010), the company sells about 30 million cigars annually. Popular types of Arturo Fuente cigars include the Don Carlos, the Añejo, the Opus X, and the Hemingway.
3. Ashton – Also made in the Dominican Republic, Ashton offers handmade, hand-rolled cigars with a mild to medium-rich flavor. Popular styles include the Ashton Maduro, the Classic, and the Heritage. Its Virgin Sun Grown is its most successful product to date, offering a full-bodied flavor that’s rich, potent, and enjoyable for all smokers.
4 .CAO – CAO cigars hail from Nicaragua, where the leaves, filler, binder and wrapper are all grown from the ground up. Each product is hand-rolled to perfection, and there are a number of styles and flavors to choose from. Some of the most popular ones include the Cameroon, a sweet, rich and earthy smoke; the Gold Maduro, a smooth, buttery cigar with a dark wrapper; and La Traviata, a well-balanced, medium-bodied stogie that’s sure to please all tastes.
5. H. Upmann – Easily one of the most popular cigar brands on the market, H. Upmann stogies have been around for more than 160 years, having launched in 1844. They come in two versions: one type rolled in Cuba, and the other rolled in the Dominican Republic. Each offers a spicy, nutty flavor and a consistent, smooth draw. Popular styles of H. Upmann cigars include the Petit Corona, the Robusto, the Magnum 50, and the Sir Winston.
6. Partagás – Like H. Upmann cigars, the Partagás cigar company is one of the oldest in the world, having launched in 1845, and its cigars are produced in both Cuba and the Dominican Republic. They have a distinctive wood and coffee flavor with a medium body and hints of spice and nut. Some of the more popular styles of Partagás include the Aristocrat, the Presidente, the Culebras, and the Princess.
7. Cohiba – Cohiba cigars first hit the market in 1966 and were created exclusively for Cuban dictator Fidel Castro and officials in the country’s Communist party. Today Cohiba cigars are available worldwide, and they’re produced in both Cuba and the Dominican Republic. The most common Cohiba lines include the La Línea Clásica Series, the La Línea 1492 Series, and the Maduro 5 Series.
8. Montecristo – Around since the 1930s, Montecristo cigars have a lot of history and character. Handmade in the Dominican Republic, they offer a slow-burning smoke with a rich, robust flavor throughout. The Especial No. 1, the Edmundo, the Robusto, and the Millennium Reserve Robusto are some of the brand’s most popular styles.
If you want to purchase any of these popular cigar brands, come to Finck Cigars today. With two convenient San Antonio locations, a Texas-sized humidor, and lots of product options, you’ll find everything you need. Stop by to learn more.